Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jury Duty


I think it was February that I was called to serve on jury duty. Lucky little me was going to school full time so I figured I'd be able to get out of it, so I sent in my schedule. Then I get another letter basically saying "oh no problem you can serve in the summer." Dangit!

I was rescheduled to serve in July and started out with 6 days throughout the month. I was not very happy about it. I am 19 years old and have to serve on jury duty. That made me feel like an old woman. Then they gave me 4 more days which made me even more grouchy about it.

I called every night and morning before my scheduled date and over and over I didn't have to appear. Well today was my last day and guess what? I didn't have to appear!


I went the whole month and didn't have to appear once! Hooray for me. I think it is because I was on Panel 7. 7 is a lucky number after all.

5 comments:

  1. That's pretty funny. When and if I get called I won't be able to because I don't live there and I have a few years before I'm considered a resident of Utah so it may be awhile before I'm summoned to do my patriotic duty. (That's fine by me)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are old...That really would've been funny if you had to serve and send some crazy person to jail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete